Monday, October 20, 2008
SPC Jeffrey Waggoner was born October 13, 1975, and passed away on October 10, 2008. He graduated from Puyallup High School in 1994 and from Bates Technical College in 1998. He worked as a control master at Channels 11 and 13. Jeff enlisted in the U.S. Army in 2006, and served with the 173rd Airborne in Afganistan. After being injured, he spent several months at Walter Reed Hospital, Washington, D.C. Most recently he was assigned to Fort Lewis, Washington. He is survived by his father, Greg (Millie) Waggoner, Puyallup; mother, Jeane Covey (Dr. Douglas), Sherwood, Oregon; brothers, Major Jason (Brianna) Waggoner, Clarksville, TN; Matthew (Marie) Waggoner, Surprise, AZ; Lincoln (LeAnne) Kopetski, Puyallup; sister, Kayla (Tim) Binnendyk, Portland, OR; and daughter, Paige Waggoner, Sammamish. He is also survived by his special friend, Karin Gudrin, Sammamish; step-father, Robert Thornburg, Portland, OR; grandmother, Anna Burchett, Stanfield, OR; aunts, Sue Fox, Granite Falls, WA; Eva (Dan) Inches, Minot, ND; Adila Gibson, Hermiston, OR; uncles, Jim (Tracy) Burchett, Stanfield, OR; Walter Burchett, Minot, ND; Robert Waggoner, The Phillipines; niece, Courtni Waggoner; nephews, Wyatt and Nathan Waggoner, and Jack Kopetski; and numerous cousins and friends.

I met Jeff seven years ago at work. There is a board inside the security door at work where all the photos of employees are displayed. This was Jeff's photo from that board. I got a picture of it before they took it down when he left the station about five years back.

Shortly after we stopped working together I moved in with him for a while. I have many good memories of backyard BBQ with friends. I got to know his family, they are a wonderful group of good people with big hearts.

Jeff died two days before his 33rd birthday. He was my friend and I will miss him very much. I am thankful for our friend Karl who went with me to his funeral. Jeff and Karl would both tell many stories about the week they spent together on vacation in Mexico.

Jeff and I would spend countless hours sitting at our computers in his house and comparing our music libraries. This is the memory that stands out most and I will treasure it forever. We would sit and share stories about the music as we listened, explaining the whole time why each specific song had impact on our life.

At the funeral they played: Queen "Who Wants To Live Forever" It was not listed on the program as a selection but I am glad they used this song, he liked it a lot.




Goodbye my friend, rest in peace.



4 comments:

EditThis said...

I'm very sorry about the death of your friend. I'm glad Karl was there to take you to the funeral since I couldn't be.

Anonymous said...

I have know Jeff since Bates. Matter of fact I hooked him up with his first job at Fox Sports. I have also know Karl since the late 70's. I can only imagine what the 2 of them were up to in Mexico. I will miss him greatly. He was a really sweet person.

Courtni Waggoner said...

I miss my uncle Jeff very much. This blog really was thoughtful and I enjoyed reading it. He was and will always be the father figure in my life. RIP uncle Jeffy. Love Courtni

Anonymous said...

A pink round bassinet with pink decorative bed linen can really look stunning any
time of the day or night. Go for baby bassinets that have an easy setup feature to avoid going through the hassle of a difficult setup.
Browse through their listing for the one you are looking
for.

Here is my blog post ... loft bed with desk

About Me

My Photo
Virtual Producer
Robert Riley
I am a pretty easy going person but complex. I love music, film and art. I have a strong passion for the internet, television and websites.
View my complete profile

9/15/07 - Volunteer Park - Seattle, WA

www.flickr.com

Anderson Island Visit

www.flickr.com

Professional

View Robert Riley's profile on LinkedIn